- Children's Specialized Hospital
- $94,100.00 -127,430.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
152 Seaman St
Children's Specialized Hospital is the nation's leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges - from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinalcord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health. At 13 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...sochildren can achieve more of their goals.
We are seeking a Pediatric Occupational Therapist with at least two years of work experience for a part time role on our inpatient unit in New Brunswick. WE ARE UANBLE TO TAKE A NEW GRAD AT THIS TIME!
Treats patients with disabilities considering responses as related to the patient's functional adaptation to the environment.
Essential Job Functions
* Selects, administers, and interprets assessment tools as designated in competency expectations including: History, Screening, Observations, and Evaluations as appropriated to patients.
* Identifies and prioritizes time realistic functional goals for remediation, compensation, adaptation or prevention of deficits.
* Selects-utilizes-evaluates the effectiveness of appropriate treatment methods (as designated in competency expectations).
* Applies principles of activity analysis for grading physical-perceptual-cognitive-psycho-social demands to produce an optimal mesh of child's or family's abilities to meet environmental demand.
* Communicates effectively with patients, families, & team in oral and written formats in both formal and non-formal situations. Communicates effectively with referring physicians and community contacts.
* As designated in competency expectations, assists in training others. This may include staff, COTAs, aides and students.
* Takes responsibility for seeking supervision or consultation in relationship to clinical performance. Actively contributes to improvement plans effectively utilizes feedback.
* Meets competency expectations in explaining symptoms, prognosis and functional limitations for a variety of diagnostic groups.
* Makes discharge recommendations appropriate to the child and their family in consideration of child's prognosis, role expectations, and knowledge of community resources (as designated in competency expectations).
* Evenings and occasional weekends required (Inpatient)
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Detailed knowledge of developmental theory and the effects of physical and percepto-cognitive disabilities as well as the psycho-social aspects of functional adaptation to the environment. Ability to evaluate disruptions in performance and plan treatmentto minimize disabling effects of these conditions. Ability to work effectively with others. Tact and judgment in performance of duties. Commitment to improving skill level. Good verbal and written English communication skills. Maintain Registration by theNBCOT. Registered by the American Occupational Therapy Certification Board. Maintenance of registration required
* Satisfactory completion of Certification Examination of National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists and maintenance of registration required. NJ State Licensure or eligible required. AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
* Licensed by the state of NJ. Valid driver's license (Inpatient).
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Bachelors degree. graduation from an accredited Occupational Therapy program. Twelve week pediatric affiliation of pediatric experience.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have accessto the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosureis (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: cht, certified occupational therapy assistant, cota, ffs, occupational, occupational therapist, occupational therapist ot, therapist, therapist ot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...