Children's Specialized Hospital is the nation's leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges. Our mission is to be the preeminent provider of specialized healthcare services for infants, children and young adults.
We are seeking a Nursing Supervisor for a per diem role who is interested in a fast-paced environment. Pediatric and supervisory experience is a must! Come join our team of exceptional clinical professionals!
Assists the Nurse Manager with the responsibility for the quality of nursing care, the management of personnel and management systems on a specific unit on a designated shift.
Essential Job Functions
* Meets expectations of department staff positions as required to meet customer expectations. * Functions as in-house administrator during shifts. Seeks administrative consultation when appropriate. * Motivates staff to improve their performance, continuously, leading to improved department performance. Maximizes potential of self and subordinates by supporting professional growth and conducting training and orientation sessions. * Supports staff and encourages in them a sense of ownership of their work processes. Provides staff the opportunity to provide feedback regarding department and hospital operations. * Creates an environment that enables the department to fulfill its mission and or exceed its goals. * Ensures that adequate staff, space, equipment, and other resources are available to provide the department's services. Ensures cost effective and appropriate utilization of resources. * Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services to meet customer expectations. * Demonstrates ability to intervene proactively and also problem solve effectively in a wide range of situations / emergencies. * Consistently appraises clinical performance and learning needs through self evaluation. Exhibits consistent professional behavior and is accountable for actions with regard to professional issues.
Requirements Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Evidence of interpersonal skill and ability to collaborate with others. Evidence of leadership ability.
* AHA BLS Provider Certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required.
* Current New Jersey RN license.
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Graduate of National League of Nursing Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred. Minimum of 2 years pediatric nursing experience. * Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. * Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. * The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.