- Children's Specialized Hospital
- $82,010.00 -105,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
Children's Specialized Hospital is the nation's leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges - from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
At 13 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
To coordinate and administer nursing care in the medical practices for children with special needs and medical complexity. The nurse provides clinical care and oversight for medical service including but not limited to. patient-family education, vaccine administration, point of care testing, patient triage and office evaluation. The nurse collaborates with internal and external care providers to ensure continuum of care is delivered within a patient and family centered, team-based model consistent with the values and mission of Children's Specialized Hospital.
Essential Job Functions
* Provides clinical oversight for the duties of the medical assistant and provides competency as needed.
* Demonstrates proficiency in caring for children with special needs including those with technology dependence and medical complexity.
* Demonstrates procedural competency for routine and emergent office based procedures (for example. Venipuncture, tracheostomy care, gastrostomy change).
* Performs patient scheduling and other clerical duties as necessary.
* Performs and oversees competency and quality assurance for office-based point of care testing.
* Consistently appraises clinical performance and learning needs through self-evaluation.
* Exhibits consistent professional behavior and is accountable for actions with regard to professional issues.
* Maintains required and relevant licensure and educational credits as required by external and departmental standards.
* Participates in Hospital Committees related to Nursing.
* Performs functions for EE Health when needed.
* Oversees flow and function of practice operations as needed.
* Ensures clinical staff coverage for site practice(s) by identifying coverage resource and maintaining coverage calendar
* Demonstrates evidence of use of the nursing process to meet patient and family health care needs in the primary care and medical specialty setting. Performs and documents nursing care according to hospital and departmental policy.
* Implements appropriate and individualized patient and family education within time frames defined by Practice guidelines or Provider directives, hospital and departmental policy.
* Provides patient education on diagnosis and symptoms, medication management and behavioral modification as directed by provider.
* Understands the importance the interdisciplinary process. Promotes continuity of nursing care and interdisciplinary interventions.
* Displays competency in obtaining and interpreting the patients behavior based upon an understanding of cognitive, biophysical, and aging processes. Displays an understanding of the developmental needs of the patient when planning and implementing services.
* Performs and manages vaccination administration, ordering, education and reporting in line with external and internal standards.
* Recognizes and respects patient- family rights in a culturally and religiously sensitive environment of care.
* Performs and documents effective phone and live clinical triage of patients.
* Performs Medication refill and authorizations as needed.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* BSN Preferred. Experience with medical technology and medically complex children is preferred.
Spanish/Bilingual Preferred. Not Required.
* AHA BLS Provider Certification required. Certified Pediatric Nurse Preferred.
* Current New Jersey RN license.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: bsn, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse, surgical, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...