Translational Medicine Project Manager, Early Drug Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Program Management for the Translational Medicine Leader in support of the Early Oncology portfolio, driving the development and facilitation of the broad, integrated plans to enable the delivery of our translational medicine portfolio, including:
Manages complex and high profile portfolio of assets/indications, with broad visibility both within BMS and the external scientific community. Execute processes to develop holistic TM plans, manage issues and risk mitigations for the portfolio of assets managed by the TM Leader, scope includes:
* Biomarker delivery within clinical trials
* TM delivery for key translational questions
* Technology and Bioinformatics applications to drive scientific evaluation
* Pharmacodiagnostic development (end-to-end) in support of commercialization
* Critical Medical Affairs and Commercial strategies
* Publications and presentations (internal and external)
* Regulatory responses and interactions
* Establish meeting agendas to drive TM portfolio and documenting outcomes, decisions and key learnings to enhance collaboration and communication
* Work closely with leader and team to provide cross-functional TM overview
* Responsible for the continuous evolution and measurement of processes and tools to drive efficiency and enhance business value. Seeks opportunities to leverage and extend processes and tools to drive improved engagement and project oversight. Mentors others within the team and in adjacent organizations to grow and develop broader stakeholder management and program management capabilities, including Integrated Sciences and Pharmacodiagnostics; as well as RDSP colleagues.
* Creates visibility and maintains transparency into ISR, II-ON, GECI and other collaborative activity that contributes to the overall translational medicine plan for the asset
* Coordinates the evaluation of proposals and ensures delivery to appropriate collaboration team within expected timelines
* Independently manages preparation and coordination of Advisory Boards or collaboration meetings/engagements as needed; facilitating cross-functional and cross-industry engagement
* Elaborates and ensures effective execution of a robust process for regular program and portfolio strategy reviews facilitated by Biomarker Operations staff; executes review processes for critical assets within his/her portfolio area in partnership with the TM Leader
* Delivers business value and ensures effective use of resources (time, money, people) by driving prioritization activities and raising visibility of areas for opportunistic action
* Ensures appropriate compliance to contracting policies
* Creates visibility into all proposed/contracted work and ensure review of milestones to support timely payment etc.
* Acts as a peer mentor for Sr. TM Planning & Execution Lead
* Serves as functional liaison to lead or support other strategic and process improvement initiatives affecting his/her platform area(s) as required
* BS/MS is a minimum requirement; PhD candidates with acceptable project/program management experience and scientific experience will be considered and highly desirable
* 8+ years pharmaceutical industry experience in a variety of operational/scientific roles
* Minimum 5+ years' experience as a team leader in a highly matrixed environment
* Shapes strategic approaches to scientific delivery, utilizing sophisticated negotiation and scenario planning
* Works with a sense of urgency and experience managing multiple projects, building structure from ambiguity and helping teams to develop priorities
* Experience designing and leading complex, global projects comprised of virtual team members of diverse styles, driving to successful outcomes with and without direct management responsibilities
* Drives effective contract/fiscal management of project activities; experienced with the development of business cases for options based decision-making
* Skilled listener with ability to manage complex internal - up, across, and down the hierarchy - and external relationships through constructive conflict management; experience with third party governance oversight desirable.
* Negotiates an enterprise (vs. functional) perspective across BMS
* Experienced in developing and implementing agile, creative solutions, utilizing direct and indirect resources, to solve business challenges within the line organization, across the company, and in partnership with external collaborators
* Strong communicator experienced with influencing and interacting at all levels including with senior scientific, operational or external thought leaders to drive connectivity and efficiency of collaborative research
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: brand ambassador, brand manager, brand marketing, commercialization, manage, product development, product manager, product marketing, project manager, supply chain
Loading some great jobs for you...