Group Director, Center of Observational Research and Data Sciences - Immuno-Oncology
Compensation: $230,870.00 - $230,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Group Director, CORDS IO role is leadership role overseeing multiple research teams conducting observational research and advance analytics supporting development, access and pharmacovigilance priorities. The role requires capabilities in talent management and development, matrix team leadership, real-world data, observational and advanced analytics methods, partnership leadership and extensive communication within and outside the organization.
This is a leadership role responsible for multiple teams of CORDS Research Scientists supporting BMS' real-world research agenda. The principle responsibilities of the role include:
* Leadership of research organization in consultation, design and execution of real-world studies
* Develop next-generation research capability focused on regulatory use of RWD, advanced methods
* Customer engagement with functional and market leads to provide consultation and define the team book of work
* Management of organization timelines and deliverable quality
* Advancement of organizational knowledge and capabilities through scientific and managerial development and training
* Organizational SME in observational methods and real-world data
The position will apply an advanced knowledge of observational research methods, advanced analytics and real-world data to BMS research questions emerging from a broad array of customers and address questions across early- and late-stage drug development, product launch and life cycle management. The role requires a thorough understanding of BMS' research priorities, mastery of clinical, genomic and numerous types of real world data resources both inside and external to BMS, a strong execution focus to deliver a robust research agenda tuned to a broad set of customer needs, and excellent communication skills to establish strong links with strategic leaders across the organization. As a leader of leaders the role requires strong organizational development and strategy implementation skills.
* Lead research organization supporting multiple asset- and market-facing customers (HEOR, PV, Access, Medical, Clinical Trial Analytics) by prioritizing and organizing projects, facilitating development of research plans, organizing Scientists around asset priorities, ensuring quality results and partnering with BMS scientists in the delivery of research information and business insights.
* Guide team leaders on customer management, communication, talent development and quality monitoring
* Provide BMS research functions with consultative support on non-interventional research questions including assisting with resolution of methodological questions, implementation issues, interpretation of results and presentation / manuscript development as needed to ensure high quality, value-driven research projects
* Deploy advanced analytic methods (ML, NLP, deep learning, boost methods, etc.) into RWR ecosystem
* Support Observational Protocol Review Committee (OPRC) with methodological review and approval recommendations as assigned.
* Support development of real-world data sources and research opportunities globally through partnerships that support R&D, HEOR, PV and Access priorities.
* Lead external partnership agreements delivering real-world data with scientific oversight
* Prioritize and assign research projects across research teams.
* Guide staff in development of functional and behavioral skills related to job performance.
* Communicate project status and results / insights effectively to all stakeholders.
* Influence initiatives through effective relationship-building. Advise customer groups on research agenda, data sourcing and methods.
* Proactively develop KOL / partner network to develop effective research strategies.
* 7+ years' experience in pharmaceutical outcomes research, epidemiology, statistics, health services research or related field
* 5+ years' management responsibility, including 2 years managing leaders of teams
* 5+ years' experience using real-world data in the conduct of epidemiologic and economic research
* Extensive experience with protocol development and execution for health and economic outcomes research projects
* Proven capabilities in stakeholder engagement and matrix team leadership.
* Proven strong writing and oral presentation skills
* PhD in biostatistics, epidemiology or related quantitative research field preferred
* Strong technical and scientific knowledge in non-interventional scientific disciplines including research methods applied to healthcare
* Deep knowledge of real-world data landscape including claims, EMR, genomics, social media, registries and emerging sources.
* Knowledge of the drug development & commercialization process, HTA assessment methodologies, global reimbursement environment, and regulatory requirements.
* Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and competitors (strategy, drug discovery, marketed products, R&D, outcomes research and marketing).
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: ancmg, aoa, breast, cancer, hem onc, lah, oncology, physician md do, radiation, thedacare
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...