Physical Education Program Coordinator-- Fall -- Lower East Side
Compensation: $62,630.00 - $104,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Position: Physical Education Program Coordinator
Location: 287 East 10th St. New York, NY 10009
Salary Range: $25.00 per hour
Summer Schedule: 20-30 hours per week
Employment Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Founded in 1876, The Boys' Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
The Program Coordinator participates in developing, implementing, supervising, and evaluating an ongoing physical fitness and recreation program that meets the needs and interests of our members. The candidate will empower our members in a recreation program modeled after best practices in the field that promotes and enhances member success. The candidate will ensure that all fitness programs and equipment operate within required risk management procedures and oversee the implementation of safety standards. He/she will work under the general direction of the Physical Education Director, but will have considerable opportunities to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
* Oversee daily operations of the fitness and recreation programming and gym facilities
* Develop, coordinate, and evaluate dynamic, creative, and educationally sound programming, including instructional programs, competitions, group classes, personal training, and assessments
* Seek out appropriate partnerships and collaborative opportunities with similar organizations
* Oversee activities at internal and external locations
* Assist in training, supervising, directing, and evaluating seasonal staff, volunteers, and members
* Flexible schedule, willing to work on weekends as needed
* Use behavior management strategies to defuse inappropriate behavior
* Attend required department meetings and professional development training
* Other duties as assigned
* 1-2 years related experience in health, wellness, and/or fitness programming
* Considerable knowledge of safety, recreation, physical education, sports management, exercise physiology, and/or physical therapy
* Demonstrated organizational/leadership ability
* Experience in planning, designing and administering group and individual lessons/events
* First Aid and CPR Certification desirable
The Boys' Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...