- $89,330.00 -131,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
66 Braley Rd
$2000 New Hire sign on when hired at BAMSI for all regular Full Time and Part Time LPN and RN Positions!
8 hours Schedule:Sat 10a-6p
Weekend shifts worked are paid at a $2 differential equaling $26/hr. Shifts worked on weekdays or shifts that are PTO will be paid at the regular rate of $24/hr.
Here at BAMSI, we recognize that our employees are our greatest resource! Are you ready to make a difference? Become a BAMSI believer!
When you join BAMSI's nursing team, you join a group of dedicated care givers, both RN's and LPN's who enjoy making lives better through hands on, personalized direct care that challenge critical thinking, analytical abilities, and support for wellness. Nurses at BAMSI are in a unique position to provide care for individuals served in their home, in the community and with their friends. Our community based group homes for adults with complex medical needs, developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and/or mental illness are designed to support individuals in a large comfortable home setting. Persons served are also encouraged to become active members of their communities including engaging in employment, volunteer activities as well as social and recreational activities. Our homes house 3-8 individuals each providing opportunity to build relationship with those that you care for and their families.
Must possess a Massachusetts license as a nurse and possess experience working with a disabled population. A valid driver's license in state of residence and satisfactory driving record is required. Must be currently certified in CPR.
BAMSI provides free CEU's through Medcom, education through conferences and trainings, weekend differentials and competitive pay!? Paid comprehensive introductory and on-going training is provided. Up to 4 weeks of paid vacation, personal days and a cultural day with 11 paid holidays in addition to a separate sick time bank.? Health, Dental, Short Term, Long Term and Vision Insurance are also available for qualified new hires!? Come join our supportive team environment which offers the opportunity for growth!
BAMSI is a private, non-profit culturally diverse human services organization providing services to adults and children with developmental disabilities, mental illness, behavioral health, and public health needs. We at BAMSI believe that those we serve are capable of amazing things and deserve our best. ?We support them in their journeys and celebrate their accomplishments along the way.
We strive to offer valuable benefits that promote a healthy work/life balance and add value to our employees? lives. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous Time Off Package
- up to 4 weeks combined vacation, personal and cultural holiday
- 11 paid holidays
- up to 2 weeks Sick Time
- Highly Specialized Paid Trainings including opportunity to earn CEUs
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B plan with discretionary match
- Wellness Activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Development Opportunities
*Available benefits are based on position and scheduled hours.
- The desire to work in a community setting with individuals who have complex medical needs, developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury, and or mental health issues.
- Administer medications and treatments following the Department of Public Health?s Medication Administration Program (MAP) policies and other funder regulations.
- Complete daily written notes, data tracking, and skilled assessments.
- Follow medical protocols, treatment plans and medication treatment plans. Communicate health changes in a timely manner.
- Utilize Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) practices to create a thoughtful and supportive work environment by ensuring activities, plans and routines reflect the preferences, needs and goals of individuals.
- Ensure skilled care is provided in a way that promotes growth, dignity and independence. Provide physical support, assistance with lifting and transferring individuals served who have physical challenges as needed.
- The ability to work with a direct care and supervisory team to ensure the health status of individuals.
- Provide oversight of meals ensuring food and meals are prepared properly. Train staff on meal preparations and specialized feeding protocols as needed.
- Provide ADL care, transportation, and community outings as needed.
- Provide shift report.
- Assist with the maintenance of medication books, house log books, etc. to ensure program compliance with all regulations.
- Ensure medications, medical and safety supplies are ordered and available as needed.
- Follow admission and discharge requirements for hospitalized individuals.
- Provide training to both staff and individuals served in relevant areas (e.g., health, hygiene, safety, diet, etc.).
- Provide holiday coverage on a rotating basis.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Provide coverage at day habilitation programs or other residential programs as needed.
- Ensure safety standards and infection control protocols are followed.
- Perform other related duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor or designee.
- Possession of a Massachusetts license as a nurse.
- Knowledge of the theories, methods, procedures and practices of nursing care.
- Two years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, brain injury and or psychiatric illnesses is preferred.
- Must possess a valid drivers license in state of residence and satisfactory driving record.
- Basic computer literacy, including the ability to record data, use electronic time and attendance software and receive and send electronic mail, as needed, is required.
- Effective critical thinking and communication skills.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, maneuver up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to reach, bend, stand, sit and walk; perform fine motor activities. Work effectively in a moderate to occasionally loud work environment.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, coronary, domiciliary, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse rn, registed, surgery, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...