Atria Home Care is a subsidiary of Atria Senior Living that proudly provides services to those in need of care in New York City, Queens, the Bronx, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties. We offer a complete range of personal support, nursing and companionship services available 24/7. Our clients receive one-on-one care from certified caregivers, all in the privacy and comfort of their house, hotel or senior living community. All of our caregivers must be certified as a home health aide (HHA) by the State of New York, and are directed and supervised by a registered nurse. Once hired, we carefully train each caregiver to meet our standards of quality and service and enroll them in continuing education programs, including fire safety, emergency procedures, client rights and infection control. We also take the time to gather information from our caregivers - from hobbies to second languages to cooking specialties - so we can match residents with caregivers who meet their needs on a practical and personal level.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.
The Nursing Services Director is responsible for the overall implementation, delivery, and coordination of Client Care Services in the assigned location.
* Supervise, develop, and schedule the client services staff according to agency policies, procedures and standards.
* Establish and maintain a medication system which adheres to state, federal and company laws, regulations and guidelines.
* Perform assessments and reassessments to determine client needs.
* Develop appropriate Service Plan to meet client's needs while ensuring safety and support client independence. Consults with physician and receives physician approval and Orders for Service Plan.
* Instructs staff regarding client's needs and Service Plan. Ensures that service plan is being followed and documentation is completed as necessary.
* Operate the within budget and according to agency's policies, procedures and standards.
* Complete weekly Quality Enhancement reviews to ascertain if the agency is meeting state regulations and agency policies.
* Act as a consultant and resource for issues related to client care within the community.
* Ensure adherence to company policy and State Health and Safety Codes, and federal regulations for licensed home care agency.
* Recruit, schedule and supervise staff; available to cover staffing when needed.
* Act as the Agency on call nurse for at least a seven (7) day duration each month. On call nurses must be available to perform necessary tasks including, but not limited to, taking phone calls to advise staff and clients from 5pm - 9am on weekdays and all day (24 hours) on the weekend. On call nurses must complete daily \"On call nursing notes\" and Agency MOD documentation as per Agency Policy.
* Administer medications as allowed per state specific guidelines when required.
* Maintains skills in client care and clinical function.
* Maintains medical records and complete paperwork in compliance with regulations and agency policy.
* Provide activities of daily living assistance to the clients as needed.
* Provide training and orientation to new staff members and ongoing training to current staff members.
* Communicate to clients, families, department heads, staff, and Executive Director in an effective and respectful manner.
* Support referrals and sales processes with promotion of a positive image of the agency.
* Deliver and attend required training for self for professional licensure and agency.
* Maintain positive relations with clients' families and physicians.
* May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
* A registered nurse or licensed practical nurse licensed to practice as required by New York state regulations.
* Experience in direct patient care and assessments/observation of clinical conditions.
* Experience in recruiting, training and managing people in the healthcare field.
* Experience at a supervisory level in homecare.
* CPR certified and knowledge of basic first aid.
* Experience coordinating educational events.
* Must successfully complete the Atria management training, and all agency specified training programs.
* Must complete all state required training to maintain licensure or certification.
* Able to work flexible work hours due to demands of position.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...