Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Dept - Part Time Days
Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
We Are Hiring
Come join us at St. Vincent's Blount Emergency Department as our Registered Nurse
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Emergency Department
Location: St. Vincent's Blount, Oneonta, AL
Shift: Part Time Days - 12 hour AM shifts, 6AM-6PM. Requires 24 hours per week. Rotating days during the week based off of staffing needs and coverage. Will be required to work every other weekend. Also, will be required to work one major holiday per year.
Experience: One year of ED experience preferred
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package. Our package includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO/Holiday accruals.
The Emergency Department at Blount contains 10 beds, they are normally full, and our staff work as a team to ensure the best care is provided for our patients. Blount is a small community hospital and we strive to provide excellent care and genuinely care about our co-workers and patients. We average 40-50 patients per day and average patient ratio is 2-3:1
St. Vincent's Blount hospital is in Oneonta located in Blount County. Oneonta is a city in Blount County, Alabama, with a population of close to 7,000. It is 35 miles from downtown Birmingham. Oneonta is home to the Covered Bridge Festival. This annual event showcases the history of the remaining covered bridges in Blount County and includes an arts and crafts festival with entertainment and events. Other sites to find in Oneonta is the Blount County Memorial Museum, which hosts a variety of resources for genealogy research; and Oneonta's Palisades Park that features hiking trails and public campgrounds to enjoy
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* ACLS credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months of hire date or job transfer date.
* PALS credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months of hire date or job transfer date.
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
* Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
* Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Loading some great jobs for you...