Radiology Technologist Part-time
Compensation: $56,140.00 - $79,760.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Allegheny Health NetworkJob Description :
Performs various imaging procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results. (40%)
- Reviews patient history and physician s orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient s understanding and cooperation. (20%)
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate. (20%)
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) or registry eligible. Registry must be obtained within one year of hire.
- CPR certification.
- Prior radiology experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at ...@highmarkhealth.org
Associated topics: cardiac, computerized, ct scan, mri, rad, radiologic, radiology, scan, tomography, x ray
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...