AbbVie Oncology is seeking an experienced, highly motivated cellular/molecular biologist to join the Translational Oncology team at AbbVie headquarters in North Chicago and drive translational research and biomarker efforts for our Immune-Oncology pipeline. Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Investigate, identify, develop and optimize assays and cellular models for interrogation of Immune-Oncology biology, and perform standard biochemical, cellular and molecular techniques.
- Generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner. Analyze, organize and manage data independently. Generate reports and present to the team.
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments and suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments that farther project goals.
- Read relevant literature and adapt scientific efforts to advance research in the area.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced environment under the mentorship of a supervisor.
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences field with a minimum of 2+ years (MS) or 5+ years (BS) of cellular and molecular biology experience.
- Broad and versatile technical expertise in immunological, cell/molecular biology, and biochemical assays (flow cytometry, ELISA, western blotting, cell culture techniques, immune cell function assays, etc).
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills as well as excellence and productivity in independent research.
- Must be proactive and able to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Background in cancer research, immune-oncology or immunology is desired
- Proficiency in flow cytometry and immunological experimental approaches
- 10+ years of experience in academic or industry setting
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the \"essence\" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.